Monday, October 30, 2006

Gotcha Day!!!!!!!!

We Meet Joshua for the First Time!!!



What a Face!!!



Waiting for My Dinner


Checking Things Out in Our Hotel Room




My New Lamb Play "Jesus Loves Me"



My Oma Made Me This Blanket





Papa and Me Getting Ready for Bed



Sleeping Soundly

23 comments:

Tim said...

This is GREAT news!

Anonymous said...

Im tearing up seeing these pics. Praise the Lord God Almighty!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! Isn't God good?
I couldn't wait to see those precious pictures. I still have tears and "goosebumps" as I'm looking at the pics and feeling (just a small amount of) the emotion you are experiencing!

I updated my 7th-9th grade girls' SS class yesterday. They are so excited for you guys and can't to meet you and see Joshua face to face!

Thank you so much for allowing us to go on this journey with you and share in your joy! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Mike, Elizabeth, Timothy, Tiffany

Lorie said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an adorable family... God is so good.

Lorie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of your faces when you first see Joshua. What joy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart...look at you guys! I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks. Thank you God for so many answered prayers! Joshua is perfect. Love to your precious family. ginger

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!!! Seems like he is tall too. We are so happy and the kids are thrilled to see their new cousin. Enjoy yourselves and keep sending pictures. Michaela says Congratulations!!! Jacob says, congratulations on your new son! Love Rob, Regina, Michaela, Jacob

laura g said...

Oh my gosh! I want to jump up and down! How fun. And I'm glad to see that the first thing you did was get him out of those Albanian flower pants! He is adorable, and I'm glad to see he's sleeping soundly already. God's watching over him as he slumbers. Aww!!! Teta Laura

Anonymous said...

Our little China Doll is standing here with me looking at her betrothed.(We can always dream) He is sooo beautiful. Gotcha Day is a surreal experience. I am so happy for you.Much Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

We are all gathered around the computer giving thanks to God!! He is such a handsome little man! We can't wait to hear all about those first moments and see more pictures. We love all three of you!
Love,
The Schaefers

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I was so excited to open up my email and see your note. I was teared up before I even clicked on the link. He's a big, healthy, beautiful boy!! God is so good and amazing. I am overwhelmed when I think of how much He loves you three that He worked out all the details to bring an Arkansa man, together with a California girl, all the way from Albania to China to give them a little boy to love and raise in the knowledge of Him! How blessed you are!
We can't wait to see more pics and meet the newest Pitchford!
Love,
The Mascaros

Patricia Casey Rains said...

Praise God from whom ALL BLESSINGS flow!! "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory. Amen." ( Rom. 11:36) You circled the earth to find each other, and now to find your son! Aren't God's "CIRCLES OF BLESSING" wonderful?!!! and worth waiting for?!!! AMEN AND AMEN!!

We're giving thanks for answered prayers---those smiling eyes and faces on that first meeting---that peaceful sleeping baby in the hotel room---the JOY evident in every scene. OH Praise God! for it all. You're a dear little brother and sister, and we treasure our relationship. Thanks for sharing the journey. Love you dearly! Pat and Kenneth.

Anonymous said...

A BIG Congrats to Mommy and Daddy!

Your little Joshua is just beautiful! He looks like he has a sweet personality too, thanks for sharing the joyful first moments, I was full of tears. How fun! Hope the transitions go smoothly, can't wait to hear more!!!
Blessings,
Cindy in CA

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I am so happy for y'all and praising God for answered prayer. Barbara

A said...

Your son is adorable. I can't wait to see him in person. I love the look on both of your faces when you saw him for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! We praise our Father along with you for this miracle of life. We pray that you will have an abundance of wisdom as parents!

Anonymous said...

Allie is right; your new son is adorable. I love his smile in the picture titled "Waiting for Dinner." He is definitely a wonderful privilege and blessing. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! So handsome. he has a twinkle in his eye, I think he is part Irish :-)

Every morning from now on is going to be like Christmas morning - YEA!

Love, Monica, Mike and Katherine

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! All of you are. What a wonderful blessing. Vic

Is he familiar with any English? I can't help but wonder about all your adjustments... I'm studying language education now, you know... :)

Anonymous said...

Charley and Marianne-the pictures are awesome--the event awesome. So happy for your JOYFUL day and JOYFUL days ahead.Patty from the Encouragers class.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I just can't quit looking at these pictures! He's so precious! Troy and I are SO excited for you! What an amazing answer to prayer! We LOVE him and CANNOT WAIT to meet him!

How awesome to see you guys with him and your excitement as you saw him for the first time! I love it! And he seems to be doing so well. Amazing!

Post more pictures!

Amy and Troy - Boston

Anonymous said...

I could just "eat him up" he is SOOO Precious!!!!
What a handsome one!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm a couple of days late joining you guys in China, but I just now visited your blog and I am rejoicing in Mali! What a beautiful family you have. And I'm looking forward to that day when we drink tea while our kids play outside! Love, Susan