Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy 2nd Birthday Joshua!!!!!!

Today we celebrated Joshua's second birthday!!!! Yeah!!! We didn't really do anything extra special. We sang "Happy Birthday to You" to him this morning when we woke up. We then packed his panda bear back pack and headed off into our second full day together as a family. Our first few days here in Guangzhou have been filled with doing offical stuff for the adoption. Yesterday we swore before Chinese authorities to care for Joshua. Today we picked up the finalized documents from that meeting. Then we went to the state police station to apply for Joshua's Chinese passport. Rebecca, our guide and translator, took us to all these meetings, and then took us shopping. We spent the rest of the day just relaxing as a family, and taking many, many, many photos along the way :-) Here are just a few of them.


On Our Way to Breakfast!!!


Enjoying My Birthday Breakfast


Kisses From My Mama


Watching the Amazing Fish in Atrium of Our Hotel


The Birthday Boy!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of "Kisses from my Mama." Love Michaela
I like the pictures of Joshua and Auntie M. Love Jacob

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite one too, I'm sobbing with joy for you Kindred! Happy Birthday and Happy Life Joshua!
Love ya'll!
Rob, Shan and boys

Anonymous said...

We'ar singing with you, too. "Happy Birthday to Joshua!" I love his impish little grin I keep seeing in your daily updates. He's a charmer! Thank you so much for sharing these sweet family pictures with us.
Love you and can't wait to see you,
The Mascaros

Benjie said...

As I write this, your birthday is just beginning here, and almost over where you are. Happy birthday, anyway!

Blessings on the whole family from our whole family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both and a very Happy birthday to the newest member of the Pitchford family. Wish all three of you the very best and a very safe trip home.

Paula Pitchford Stanley,
McGehee, AR

Loren said...

amy taylor sent me here. so, so exciting. how precious! i'm so happy for y'all. yay. will be lifting up the rest of your time there and for safe travel back to the states.

Loren

Loren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorie said...

Happy Birthday, Joshua!

Love,
"Aunt" Lorie

Anonymous said...

dear madcap,
fantastic pics! what joy you must be feeling!! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Charley and Marianne,

I'm so happy for you and Joshua. He is adorable. I love two pictures specifically the "laughter by the pool" and "enjoying my birthday breakfast" because he is making such beautiful eye contact with Mama. I think that is an incredible sign. It looks like true love to me!!

wishing you all the best,
Theresa P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures and commentary you continue to post. It is neat to share in your blessing this way. And I give my happy birthday wishes to Joshua, too.

MMA Lady said...

What a sweet little Razorback!!!!!!!! I love him and I want to give him a sqeeze!!!! I can't wait to meet him! I love all of you!!!!!!!!!!